Consulting | Growth Strategies | Workshops & Training
Consulting Services - If your organization is exploring international development but are not sure where to begin, or if your current strategy is not producing the results you expect, GLOBALSTRAT can design and faciliate custom 1 or 2 day strategic planning meetings for your staff and volunteer leadership teams.
We will review your current level of international engagement, interview key stakeholders, conduct research on your sector and competitors and guide in-person strategic discussions regarding what approach might be the most successful for your association.
Our strength is in helping staff and volunteer teams to identify and better understand the key issues that will lead to a successful and sustainable global growth strategy. We rely on original research and more than 25 years of hands-on international association management expertise to provide you with insights and guidance.
For select associations that need experienced hands-on support and representation to grow their international markets, or to help train staff to develop their international business capabilities, GLOBALSTRAT offers Implementation Services. We work on your behalf to develop international stakeholder relations, recruit members and develop commercial opportunities.
Global Growth Strategies - GLOBALSTRAT develops international growth strategies for associations that include complete business plans and forecast budgets. We follow a proven association strategy development process that includes;
- Defining your strategic objectives so they are clear and measurable
- Market and Competitor research to identify the most promising opportunities as well as which markets to avoid.
- Analyze and design the most appropriate business model to reach your objectives
- Review and consider the governance implications of a proactive international strategy
- Design a business plan complete with staffing recommendations and forecast 3 year budgets
- Guidance and coaching for staff and volunteers regarding to implement your business plan
Our objective is to design a strategy that is appropriate for your organization and that you can sustainably implement in order to grow your association.
Workshops and Trainings - We hold public international strategy workshops twice a year in both Washington D.C. and Chicago. These intensive 1 day events qualify for 7 CAE Credits and are recognized by the Americal Society for Association Executives (ASAE) for professional development.
The content is designed to provide association executives with an understanding of the most important aspects of developing an international strategy for their organization, including;
- What is the right business model?
- How can we accurately measure market opportunities?
- What are the most important legal issues we need to know when going global?
- How do different languages and culture affect our strategy?
- What are the most common challenges and pitfalls that we should avoid?
- How are other associations approaching international issues?
Based on 25 years of personal association development projects in more than 60 countries and original research data, the workshop is delivered by experienced association management and legal professionals.
It is the only in-depth international business strategy development workshop of its kind designed specifically for associations.